The Millennial Homemaker: 10 Minutes - No Yeast Pizza
This has got to be the easiest recipe I have ever tried, like literally! Oh and ridiculously cost effective too, who would have thought making pizza could be so darn easy!
When touring Italy, I was determined to find true Italian pizza. When I say I tried several restaurants, I mean several restaurants.. I did manage to find the one! (Haaaa!)
I’m a total pizza lover, when we toured parts of Italy, I wanted to try two things.
And I was seriously particular in ensuring they tasted really Italian (Oh, I know, extra huh)
Well, after visiting several restaurants, when I say several restaurants, I mean several restaurants, I managed to find the one! (Haaaa!)
It was worth the wait too, both the Pizza & Lasagna were out of this world!
Everything I could have imagined and more, so let’s bring it back to reality, my kitchen, me attempting to make pizza, haha, certainly not Italian style but I can sadly live with that.
I found a perfect replica, yes, I’ve said it - "Replica" and it works, tastes good, cost effective and quick to make (Especially if your like me & absolutley love hosting).
By Joanna Lampejo
Preparation Time Cooking Time
10 minutes 10 - 15 minutes
* 2 cups self raising flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup of warm water (roughly, add accordingly)
* 1 and a half tablespoon olive oil
* Cheese (Mozzarella)
* Chorizo / Pepperoni / Chicken (Whatever rocks your boat!
* Fresh herbs for garnishing
* Preheat your oven to 356°F (180°C).
* Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
* Combine the water and olive oil in a separate jug.
* Add your water mixture to the flour mixture.
* Hold back some water in case you don't need it all.
* Mix your dough until it’s soft, add more warm water accordingly if the dough is dry.
* Add flour to you work counter.
* Roll your dough with a rolling pin in a round circle
* Pop your pizza to a pizza base.
* Add your pizza sauce on base (Homemade pizza sauce recipe is coming out this week)
* Add cheese, chicken / Pepperoni (Whatever rocks your boat)
* Add favourite herbs as garnish
* Bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes
* Oh and enjoy!
15 Minutes Homemade Pizza Sauce - Coming Soon!
Self Analysis Time..
I was making this homemade pizza the other day, my laptop open, the kids running around, the tv on, whilst replying to an email and text message on my phone.
Wow! I thought to myself!
I’m a Millennial Homemaker. I mean amongst other things of course. This is hard work, but I absolutely and wholeheartedly love it, most of all I couldn’t have it any other way.
Living in the 21st century means one thing, you can kind of have it all, within healthy limitations of course. (Balance in all things)
Being a millennial homemaker means you are confident, ambitious, and achievement oriented and let’s face it, there is nothing wrong with that. (No ma’am)
It took me a long time to realise & accept these characteristics. Oh let’s not forget the other part, if you happen to have children, which really adds to the mix.
(Yep, if you know, you know)
Finally admitting being a millennial homemaker / mum / strong ambitious woman
(Fill in the blank beautiful!)
With the right support systems in place & sometimes we all understand that, this just isn't possible, which is sadly the reality of life. You can still be a go getter, manage & organise your home affairs accordingly, clean, cook, whilst absolutely and wholeheartedly loving & adoring on your little family.
I’m a huge believer in balance, balance creates order and most importantly a peace of mind. (You can’t buy a peace of mind).
I hope you enjoy this really simple recipe, the best part of it all the kids will absolutely love making it with you. Be warned they might take over!
Let me know how you & your tribe get on, tag me on Instagram @joannalampejo so I can see your glorious Pizzas.
#easybudgetmeals #joannalampejo #themillenialhomemaker #easyfamilymeals