Updated: Jul 24, 2020
“Salt and pepper chicken wings” are a chinese appetiser dish or can be served as a side dish”
We are suckers for a good Chinese, so it’s no surprise that hubby & I had a craving for this delicious, mouthwatering and cheeky side dish the other day.
I can happily say, that since lockdown we have had to think outside of the box and get creative with our meals as a family and funnily enough, we’ve absolutely loved it. Cooking as a family has become the new normal in our home and we are not ready to let that habit fade away easily.
Today, I present you with our version of “Salt and pepper chicken wings" of course we had to eat it with something, so we made jollof rice.
* Spring onion
* Red sweet pepper
* Green sweet pepper
* Yellow sweet pepper
* Scotch bonnet
* 1 maggie cube
* Black pepper
* Salt (A hint)
* Season chicken (Maggie cube, thyme, pepper)
* Add oil of your choosing into a pot / wok.
* Heat on medium-high.
* Add cornstarch into a bowl, coat chicken with corn starch. Then place into hot oil.
* Work in small batches, about 6-8 pieces at a time.
* Fry for 5 - 7 minutes. The chicken will be a light golden color.
* Drain excess oil on paper towels.
* Prepare your vegetables by chopping everything up. Add bit of Lurpak butter in the wok as a base, allowing the butter to melt.
* Add garlic, salt and pepper, and one maggie cube to the Lurpak butter and allow to marinade for about 3 - 4 minutes.
* Some time later, add chicken wings, allow everything in the wok to steam for 5 - 10 minutes