Fluffy American Style Pancakes With Cumberland Sausages
Updated: Jul 24, 2020
Fluffy American style pancakes are our to go nibbles, they are so easy to make and super inexpensive. They go down a treat in my house all the time, the kids absolutely love taking part in making this quick recipe with me, especially when I add some bacon & sausages as a side dish.
Preparation Time Cooking Time
10 minutes 10 minutes
This really easy American style pancake recipe serves 6 fluffy pancakes, which come in handy for last minute guests or a cheeky treat. The best part about making pancakes is that they can not only be eaten for breakfast, but brunch or better still dinner with a savoury side dish.
1 cup (250ml) Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup (250ml) Milk
1 lard egg (Lightly beaten)
2 tbsp Olive oil or butter
1.Sift plain four, add baking powder , a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of sugar in one bowl.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
3. Into a separate bowl add all of your wet ingredients. Add milk, add an egg and then add your olive oil, or butter.
4. Mix all wet ingredients together.
5. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
6. Add all your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, then gently mix.
7. Heat your pan at a medium heat, add two table spoons of batter per time, whilst allowing the air bubbles to rise accordingly on each side.
Happy pancake making!